Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

춘화추월 (春花秋月)


Spring flower autumn moon (춘화추월) - all that are to be said of the beauty of seasons can be captured in just four words. I am lucky to have seen them all. For that, I can no longer say I have regrets in life.

I am not a believer of "grass is always greener on the other side" but I can take an oath that flowers are more beautiful in Jinhae. My memory of spring in Jinhae is captured in this video

I remember a story told by my Korean language teacher. While walking past her neighbour's house, she noticed a pot of Azelea which barely flowered last year was in full bloom. Out of curiosity, she asked her neighbour what she has done to the plant to make it flowers so beautifully. Her neighbour said she did nothing special. She recalled the year before she kept the pot indoor but this year she just left it outside. It seems in order to bloom fully in spring , one has to be through the full harshness of winter.


Location: Yeojwa Cherry Blossom Road, Jinhae (진해 여좌벚꽃로)
Date: 30 March 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment